- Written Examination
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Medical Examination
- The written examination will be of objective type.
- The Question Paper Language will be Hindi and English Both.
- 80 Questions will be asked in the Examination.
- The Time Duration Will be 60 min for the Exam.
- The Question paper will be consist on the subject Quantitative aptitude, Mathematics, General Science, General English, General awareness (Current affairs & General Knowledge) & Reasoning (Verbal & Non verbal).
- There will be a composite paper of 12th standard.
- There is NO negative marking. Candidate Should Check the instructions on the Question Paper before proceed.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days.
- Passing marks will be 30 (UR/EWS/ OBC category) 27 (for SC/ST category).
|S.No.||Name Of Examination||Details of Examination||Subject wise allocation of Questions|
|(i)||Section I||Maximum Marks – 60
Time – 45 mins.
Total no. of Questions – 60
|Maths – 20
Science – 10
English – 15
GK – 5
Quantitative aptitude : Questions will be asked from Simplification, Average, Percentage, Time & Work, Area, profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Speed, Investment, HCF LCM, Problem On Ages, Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart.
Mathematics : Fundamental Arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ration and Proportion, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest, Average, Discount, Partnership, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Mensuration.
General Science : Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
General English : Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
General awareness : Current events, History, Culture, Geography, Economics, Indian Constitution, Environmental Studies, Health and hygiene, Basics of Hindi Language,Hindi Grammar, Child welfare, Women welfare, Social welfare, Disaster Management, Sports, Literature, Science.
Reasoning : Focus on Comprehension Reasoning, Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving Techniques, Statement & Conclusion type questions, arithmetic reasoning, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, syllogistic reasoning, Seating Arrangements.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consist of,
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Note : Take A Look At the Important note :-
1) Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
2) Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
(a)Medical examination will be conducted by authorised Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry
(b) Height .Minimum height is 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
(c) Chest. Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
(d)Weight.Proportionate to height and age +10 percentage acceptable.
(e) Hearing. Normal Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
(f) Visual Standard.6/36 (Better Eye) and 6/36 (Worse Eye)
(g) Tattoo.Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in