NEST 2021 application form
NISER, established by the Department of Atomic Energy, strives to become a citadel for basic sciences and allied subjects in terms of teaching and research. Its vision includes imparting high-quality science education in a vibrant academic ambience to the bright, motivated students, by a faculty of distinguished scientists and teachers. The curriculum is amply supported by a strong visitor’s programme by accomplished scientists from India and abroad.
NISER offers a 5 year integrated M.Sc. programme in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical sciences. NISER functions from its campus at Jatni. Degrees at NISER will be awarded by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a deemed-to-be University within the Department of Atomic Energy.
There are a total of 200 seats for 2021 batch, which include reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC/Divyangjan candidates as per Government norms. 2 supernumerary seats are reserved for eligible candidates from J&K. If offered admission under the OBC-NCL category, the candidate must produce the relevant valid certificate on the date of admission. Further details about the institute are available on the NISER website (https://www.niser.ac.in). Fee structure for integrated MSc programme at NISER can be found here.
Eligibility NEST 2021 application form
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
- Candidates in the Unreserved and OBC categories must have been born on or after August 01, 2001. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination must have passed in either 2019 or 2020. Candidates appearing in 2021 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
- Registration / Online application opens :24th of February 2021.
- Online application closes : 15th of July 2021.
- Download of admit card starts : 3rd of August 2021.
- Date of examination :
- Announcement of results on NEST website : 1st of September 2021.
SYLLABUS FOR NEST 2021
Information Brochure &Syllabus