Download free PG syllabus for all courses offered at Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. The Utkal University PG Syllabus is in PDF format and can be downloaded easily from the university website. Get the latest syllabus for your PG course and start preparing for your exams today!
Utkal University PG Syllabus (Word History)
- Evolution of the Earth & Origin of Species
- Paleolithic Phase- Hunters & Gatherers, Tool Making Habit
- Neolithic Phase– Food Production- Agrarian Settlements, Knowledge of Metals, Division of Labour and Craft Specialisation
- Egyptian Civilization: Political Developments, Art & Architecture, Religion
- Sumerian Civilization: Society, Art & Architecture, Religion, Innovations
- Babylonian Civilization: Law Codes, Administration, Religion, Education
- Harappan Civilization: Origin, Extent, Characteristics & Causes of Decline
- Rig Vedic Civilization: Evolution of Social & Political Institutions, Religious &
- Later Vedic Civilization: Changing Socio-Economic and Political Orders, Culture and
- Greek Civilisation: Athenian Democracy, Society and Culture
- Roman Civilisation: Establishment of Republic, Society and Culture
- Chinese Civilisation: Polity, Society, Science-Innovations Technological Developments
World History (1500-1900)
- Renaissance and Reformation in Europe.
- Major Ideas of Enlightenment.
- American Revolution (1776) and Constitution: Its Nature and Significance- Abolition of
- French Revolution: Causes, Impact and Limitation.
- Era of Napoleon: Rise, Achievements and Failure.
- Congressional System.
- Nineteenth Century European Revolution: July Revolution (1830), February Revolution
- Nationalism: State Building in Germany and Italy.
- British Democratic Politics: Parliamentary Reforms of 1832, 1867 and 1911.
- Industrial Revolution in England: Causes and Impact on Society.
- Industrialisation in Germany and U.S.A.
- Growth of Capitalism, Rise of Socialism and Working Class Movements.
- Imperialism and Colonialism: English and German.
- Colonial System: Exploitation of New World, Trans –Atlantic Slave Trade, Tributes from
- Imperialism and Free Trade: The New Imperialism.
Twentieth Century World (1900-1945)
- First World War-Origin, Nature, Events and Consequences.
- Paris Peace Conference and Peace Settlement.
- League of Nations: Organisation, Function, Achievements and Failure.
- Crisis in Capitalism: Depression and New Deal.
- The Making of the Russian Revolution: Establishment of Socialist State in Russia: It’s
Economic and Political Aspects: Response and Reaction in the West.
- Rise of Totalitarianism-Fascism in Italy (b) Nazism in Germany.
- Rise of Nationalism in Indo-China and Indonesia.
- Rise of Arab World: Problem of Palestine
- Foreign Policy – (a) U.S.A (b) U.S.S.R. (C) U.K.
- Problem of Disarmament: Impact on Europe.
- Policy of Appeasement of France and England
- The Second World War: Origin, Course, and Consequences.
Twentieth Century World (1945-2000)
- UNO: Formation, Structure and Objectives
- UNO and major crises: Congo, Cyprus, Arab-Israel Conflict
- Human Rights
- The Cold War: Background and Super Power Rivalry (1945-1985)
- Revival of Western Europe: Marshall Plan and Truman Doctrine
- NATO- Structure, Objectives and Implications; Warsaw Pact and Eastern Europe
- The Cold War and International Crisis- (i) Berlin, (ii) Cuba (iii) Korea
- Détente, 1969-79; SALTs & STARTs
- Reforms of Gorbachev and Disintegration of the USSR
- Regional Security Alliances: NAM, ASEAN, SAARC
- India’s Foreign Policy: Sino-Indian Relations, Indo-Soviet Relations, Indo-USA
Relation, Indo-Pak Relation
- Globalisation-Its Economic and Political Implications
History of China & Japan
- Political, Social and Economic Condition of China under the Manchus
- European Interaction with China, Opium Wars
- First Sino-Japanese War; Boxer Rebellion; Nationalist Movement and Proclamation of the Republic; Career and Achievements of Sun Yat Sen
- Achievements and Failures of Kuomintang Government under Chiang Kai Shek,
Manchurian Crisis, 1931
- Birth and Growth of Communism in China, Cooperation and Conflict between the
Communists and Kuomintang, 1921-1945, Sino-Japanese War, 1937; Civil War, 1945-49
and establishment of People’s Republic of China.
- Cultural Revolution, 1966-68; Foreign Policy of the People’s Republic of China.
- The Opening of Japan-Perry and Harris Mission, The Restoration of the Meiji and Reforms
of Meiji Era, The Constitutional Movement and the Constitution of 1889
- Anglo-Japanese Alliance (1902), Russo-Japanese War (1904-05) and Treaty of Portsmouth;
Japanese hegemony in Far East before the First World War and Occupation of Korea.
- Japan and First World War, Japan in Paris Peace Conference.
- Political and Economic Development of Japan, 1895-1939; Constitutional Government and
Development of Political Parties, Industrial Growth, Agricultural Development, Foreign
- Japan’s Foreign Policy, 1919-1939, Japan and Second World War, 1939-1945
- Post War Japan – Japan under American Occupation (1945-51), Democratisation,
Demilitarisation, Socio-Economic Reforms; Economic Progress of Japan, 1951-1980.
Utkal University PG Syllabus Download Link
|Utkal University PG Syllabus PDF||Download|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Official website Syllabus Section||Click Here|