NTS / NMMS 2020-21 Admit Card Available Now
Latest Update : The applications for NMMS 2020-21 have started on 16th August 2020. The last date to apply is 31st December 2020. Read More to know more.
Important Notes :- National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship is a Centrally sponsored scholarship scheme. It is implemented by the Department of School Education & Literacy under the Ministry of Human Resource Development with the objective to financially support the meritorious students of economically weaker sections of the society. NTS / NMMS encourages disadvantaged students to continue their studies at the secondary level by offering a scholarship amount of INR 12,000 per annum. Every year, this MCM scholarship is made active during the month of November and almost 100,000 scholarships are disbursed among bright students.
Details of NTS / NMMS
|Objective||To arrest the dropout rate of students at Class 8 and encourage them to continue their education at the secondary level|
|Award||INR 12,000 per annum|
|Eligibility||Regular students of class 9 with a score of 55% marks in class 8 final exam|
|Application process||Through the official government portal NSP|
Now, read below the complete details of NTS / NMMS and avail the scholarship benefits.
Details of NTS / NMMS Objective
Initiated in May 2008, NMMS Scholarship aims to motivate bright and disadvantaged students to complete their secondary and higher secondary level of education so as to improve the dropout rate from schools after class 8. Every year, students of class 9 to 12 appear for two levels of selection tests at the state level to avail the benefits of National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship.
Details of NTS / NMMS Award
NTS / NMMS disburses a total of 100,000 scholarships every year at the rate of INR 12,000 per annum, i.e. INR 1,000 per month, to the selected students. Under National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship, the scholarship amount is paid by the State bank of India (SBI) on one go. The amount is directly transferred into the students’ accounts through Public Financial Management System (PFMS). The number of scholarships allocated to each State and UT is done on the basis of students’ enrolment in class 7 & 8 and their population in the respective states. The details of the NMMS amount are highlighted below.
- The students of class 9 receive a scholarship amount on one go, i.e. INR 12,000 per annum, for an academic year.
- The scholarship is renewed every year till the student completes his/her Higher Secondary level of education (Class 12), provided the candidate gets clear promotion into higher class every year.
Important Dates of NTS / NMMS
This application period is tentative as it varies from year-to-year. It may change the next year as per the discretion of the scholarship provider. For the academic year 2020-21, the last date to apply for this scholarship is 31 December 2020.
Eligibility Criteria of NTS / NMMS
Applicable only for the meritorious and needy students of India, this MCM scholarship scheme expects all the applicants to fulfil the eligibility conditions mentioned below in order to be eligible for the selection test conducted to award the scholarship.
- The candidates who wish to apply for this MCM scholarship must be regular students studying in class 9 after getting clear promotion from class 8 with a score of at least 55% or equivalent grades.
- The candidates must be pursuing education from Government/Local Body/Government-aided schools.
- For continuation of scholarship in higher secondary school, the candidate must score at least 60% marks in class 10 board exam.
- For continuing the scholarship in class 12, the scholarship awardee must get clear promotion from class 11 in the first attempt itself with a score of 55% marks or equivalent. For students belonging to SC/ST category, a relaxation of 5% is given in marks.
- The candidates’ annual family income should not be more than INR 1.5 Lakh.
Also, those students who are enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik schools and private schools are not eligible for this MCM scholarship.
Give Your Application Number & Date of Birth & Download Your Admit Card.
Download Your Admit Card Here Click Here