Ancient Period of Indian History
21. Where and when was the second Buddhist council held?
Ans: Vaishali in 383 B.C.
22. The Satapatha Brahmana and Taitriya Brahmana are the Brahmana texts of _:
23. The inscriptions of Ashoka and the Brahmi script were deciphered by _
Ans: James Princep
24. Among the five monolithic rathas of Pallavas at Mahabalipuram, the largest is _
25. The beneficiaries of Asoka’s donations in the region of Barabar Hill were__
26. Who identified “Sandrokottus” of the Greco-Roman literature with Chandragupta Maurya ?
Ans: William Jones
27 . The Aryans dedicated whole of a separate Mandala in Rig-Veda for the hymns dedicated to __
28. Parnadatta was appointed the Provincial Governor of Saurashtra by __
29. Garuda was adopted as dynastic emblem after the imperial Guptas by _
30. “The king was the ruler of all except Brahamanas”. This was the view of __
31. The cotton cloth worn by Indians had a brighter white colour than any cotton found elsewhere. This view was recorded by __
32. The last Mauryan ruler, who was killed by his Commander-in-Chief was __
33. According to the beliefs of the Pasupata sect, Siva is the lord of Pasu. Pasu here refers to __
34. Robert Bruce Foote, who discovered first Palaeolithic tools in India, was originally _
35. Who was the priest of the Bharatas in the battle of Ten Kings ?
36. The Pagodas at Mahabalipuram had been constructed by _
37. The most important source of our information on ancient India’s cultural history are:
Ans: literature and epics