Ancient Indian History GK Questions 2021
Ancient Indian History GK Questions 2021 Top 10 Question
- Which Greek ambassador set up a pillar in honour of Vishnu?
Correct Answer: B [ Heliodoros ]
The Greek ambassador Heliodoros set up a pillar in honour of Vishnu (Vasudev) at Vidisha. He was sent to the court of Sunga King, Bhagbhadra by the Greek King of Taxila, Antialkidas.
2. Which of the following Upanishads is written in prose ?
Correct Answer: C [ Brihadaranyaka ]
Brihadaranyaka will be correct answer of this question
3. With reference to the various republican clans of ancient India, which of the following is / are correct pairs?
- Sakiyas – Kapilvastu
- Koliyas – Ramagrama
- Kalamas – Allakappa
- Mallas – Kusinagara
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A] Only 1, 2 & 3
[B] Only 1, 2 & 4
[C] Only 2, 3 & 4
[D] 1, 2, 3 & 4
Correct Answer: B [Only 1, 2 & 4 ]
- Sakyas of Kapilavastu, republican clan with the capital at Kapilavastu, was a vassal of King Prasenjit of Kosala It was a great center of Buddhism.
- Koliyas, a republican clan had 2 chief settlements in Ramagama and Devadaha. Buddha was related to the Koliyans through his mother and wife. After the demise of the Buddha, the Koliyans obtained a share of his relics and erected a stupa over it.
- Mallas had 2 confederacies; one at Kusinara and the other at Pava. Kusinara was famous as it was the site of Buddha’s Mahaparinirvana. Malla Raja initially opposed Buddhism, later accepted him after he heard the Buddha’s discourses.
- Bulis of Allakappa, Moriyas of Pipphalivana and Kalamas of Kesaputta were followers of the Buddha. All are related to Gautam Buddha and Kautilya also mention many self governing clans in which these exist.
4. In context with the Mahayana Buddhism faith, the future Buddha is ___?
[D] Kanak Muni
Correct Answer: C [ Maitreya ]
Maitreya is a future Buddha. . According to scriptures, Maitreya will be a successor of the historic Sakyamuni Buddha, who in the Buddhist tradition is to appear on Earth, achieve complete enlightenment, and teach the pure dharma.
5. In the Rigvedic Dasrajan Yudha (Battle of Ten Kings) the Bharatas emerged winner at the bank of __?
[A] he Indus River
[B] The Saraswati River
[C] The Sutlej River
[D] The Parushni River
Correct Answer: D [ The Parushni River ]
According to Rigveda,the famous battle of ten kings ( or Dasrajan Yudha) was between Sudas, a Bharata king of the Tritsu family and the confederacy of ten well-known tribes- Puru, Yadu, Turvasa, Anu, Druhyu, Alina, Paktha ,Bhalanas,Shiva and Vishanin.In the bloody and decisive battle on the banks of River Parushni the Bharatas emerged victorious.
6. At which age Gautam Buddha got Nirvana?
Correct Answer: B [ 35 ]
Gautam Buddha was born at Lumbini, Kapilvastu in 563 BC. At the age of 35 years, Gautam Buddha attained Nirvana (or enlightment) under a pipal tree at Bodh Gaya on the bank of river Niranjana.
7. By whom Pallava King Mahendravarman-I got defeated?
[A] Pulakesin II
[B] Vikramaditya II
[D] Pulakesin I
Correct Answer: A [ Pulakesin II ]
The Pallava King Mahendravarman I got defeated by the Chalukya King Pulakesin II. Though, Narasimhavarman I (the son of Mahendravarman I) took the revenge of his father from Pulakesin II by defeating and killing him in the Battle of Vatapi in 642 AD and captured the Chalukyan capital, Vatapi. Thus, he assumed the title of ‘Vatapikonda’ (Conqueror of Vatapi).
8. Which among the following is known as the earliest example of Panchayatana style of temple?
[A] Dashavatara temple at Deogarh
[B] Temple at Pathari
[C] Shatrughneshwara temple at Bhubaneshwar
[D] Lakshmana temple at Sirpur
Correct Answer: A [ Dashavatara temple at Deogarh ]
The Dashavatara Temple or Vishnu Temple also called Gupta temple at Deogarh. It was built in the Gupta Period (320 to c. 600 AD ). Archaeologists have inferred that it is the earliest known Panchayatana temple in North India. A hindu temple is a Panchayatana one when the main shrine is surrounded by four subsidiary shrines.
9. Which among the following was the main occupation of Palaeolithic (Old stone) people?
Correct Answer: C [ Hunting ]
Hunting was the main occupation of Palaeolithic (Old stone) people.
10. The earliest evidence of domestication of animals has been provided by Adamagarh. In which of the following states is located Adamgarh ?
Correct Answer: B [ Madhya Pradesh ]
The earliest evidence of domestication of animals has been found in Adamagarh in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh and Bagor in Bhilwara district of Rajasthan.